Thursday, November 19, 2009

I had a huge project due for my industrial design class on Wednesday.
So I am running on 7 hours of sleep from the last 3 days.
Sunday: 3 hours of sleep
Monday: 4 hours of sleep
Tuesday: 0 hours of sleep. I woke up at 7:30 on Monday for the field trip we had, went to bed at 6:30 PM the next day. That means I was awake for 35 hours straight- no naps! I was starting to hallucinate and say weird things, and during my presentation for the CEO of the engineering company that was going to look at our design, I almost fainted. I had to sit down during my presentation.
Was I happy we drew 2 skulls and nothing else during the whole class on Thursday? Definitely!!!

The field trip to the Bodies Exhibit at Mall of America was really fun! It was amazing to see such neat things, and even more amazing trying to imagine how it was all done! It definitely helped me see how bodies look inside (obviously) and I learned a lot. One thing I was surprised to see was how thin all the muscles were on the feet. I had made them out of clay to be about 10 times the size! So now I definitely have a better understanding of the muscles. It also helped to see the texture of muscles and how stringy they were. It gave them more dimension and texture. I thought it was really crazy how most of the dead bodies were homeless asians that they had taken from the streets. One of the dead people really freaked me out, because he was in a running position, and I stared directly into his pupils, and it looked like any second he would come alive and run right into me! It really freaked me out! After when we went to the art museum, I had fun as well. My classmate and I had fun trying to guess where all the paintings were from without looking at the label. My favorite part was looking at the products and furniture displays (since I am an industrial design major). The Czech photography was really impressive, as well. It was neat that the photography was mixed with painting. I have never thought of doing that before!




Here are 2 drawings of a skull I made on Wednesday. It was really fun drawing them. I had a little trouble on the curvature of the teeth of the first skull, but overall I think it turned out pretty well. I think it is a cool concept that Amy is going to lecture on the skull after we draw them. I think that is an interesting approach of teaching. It will be fun seeing how different the skull drawings will look after we have been lectured on them!




No comments:

Post a Comment