Thursday, October 8, 2009

This week has been extremely stressful, having 2 final projects due on Monday and Tuesday for my other classes, so not having class last week was extremely helpful for me! I basically pulled 3 all nighters in a row Sunday-Tuesday, fitting in about 3-4 hours of sleep a day with inbetween naps, so I'm very exhausted and feel very out of it. I feel like everything I do while I am 'awake' is part of a dream... I'm really really enjoying this class, however. It is nice learning about the muscles and bones of the body. I feel I am learning a lot in this class. Building the skeletons with clay was very confusing at first while referencing the book. All the different angles get confusing, and when moving onto the next muscle to build, it is hard to see where it is supposed to lay in comparison to the previous muscle. I am getting used to it more, though, so it's starting to get fun and even relaxing. My gesture drawing style is changing and it is fun to see the progress. Once we start drawing the model for 25 minutes though, it starts getting confusing, and I end up outlining the figure too much. That is the challenge I am trying to get over at this point, and making my strokes have more feeling than straight up 'cartoon-like'. Hopefully I will catch up on sleep this weekend and get back on track for the next week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment