Thursday, September 24, 2009

This week has been nice (as far as life drawing goes... the rest of my classes have been more intense than ever!!). There is a reason I am an art/design major, because everything is hands on. However, when Amy gave us a long lecture about the muscles and tendons of the human body, I was fully focused the whole entire time. I thought it was a very helpful and interesting lecture, and I have already learned more by just listening. The way Amy made us remember certain terms was exactly the way I memorize things, so I thought that was very fun and helpful to see! The whole class is structured in a nice and organized way that makes me motivated and excited to learn and become a better artist. I had a nice critique with Amy that made me realize how I could've gone about drawing my shell differently. (I had received a very difficult shell with lots of bumps and twists, and Amy showed me the most effective way of illustrating it with contour lines). I have already started doodling human figures in my sketchbook while sitting in other classes, and I can see how it is going to help me in the long run. I feel I have already improved in certain areas, and it will especially come in handy when I need to demonstrate how a product works and its scale compared to a human. Now we have to build the muscles part of a skeleton which will help me draw the human body. This kinda stuff really interests me, because I feel I actually have a use and interest for learning these things, as compared to other classes that are simply a waste of time. I have heard a lot of talk about how Life Drawing helps and that everyone should take the class, and so far I totally agree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment