Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving break

I really enjoy learning about the facial features. I wish we could spend more time on it... Over break, I managed to get my uncle, aunt, cousins and parents to pose for me so I could draw their eyes and noses. I haven't done portraits of people since high school, so it was fun being able to do that again at an older age. I didn't have a lot of time to draw them, because they were getting impatient. After all, it was Thanksgiving. But I managed to get some drawings in my sketchbook anyway.





































I find it difficult to do the nose from straight on. It is hard to show the tip of the nose without making the person look like a pig or an alien! Contour lines help, but I still don't feel confident in it. I am trying hard to make the eyes look more three dimensional, but I am having problems with that. I feel I have a good grasp on the face since I draw faces all the time, but I tend to make faces look two dimensional, so this is a nice challenge. Hopefully I will improve on this, because I have always wanted to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment